Monday, April 13, 2009

Carly's Connection #4

Pg. 278 Father’s unhappy about me. After our walk on Sunday he thought I’d stop going upstairs every evening. He won’t have any “Knutscherei- necking” going on. I can’t stand that word. Talking about it is bad enough- why does he have to make me feel bad to!

I found this passage somewhat comical. Anne’s family has a war raging outside their home, but her father’s main concern is keeping his daughter in line. Anne, just like most teenagers, is mad at her father for not trusting her and thinking she would engage in such behavior. Anne’s father reminds me of many fathers who have teenage kids. The ones who grill the boyfriend and reload their gun when they hear about their daughters Knutscherei(ing)a boy. Still, all jokes aside, we know Anne’s dad is just looking for his daughter safety as all good parents do.

2 comments:

  1. hahah i thought it was funny too. I think my dad would probably be mad if he found out i was doing something like that. Also, that reminds me of the movie Twilight, when Bella's dad reloads his gun just before Edward comes in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne is slightly resentful of her father. She writes in her diary , "Why is it that Pim annoys me so much sometimes?" But really, as shown in this case, all her father wants is good for his daughter. Anne should be happy that her father cares so much for her, I think.

    ReplyDelete