Monday, March 30, 2009

Sommy: Art of Expression

"There is a saying that 'paper is more patient than man'..." --page 2
"Yes, there is no doubt paper is patient and as I don't intend to show this cardboard-covered notebook...to anyone..." --page 2


People worldwide have their ways of expressing themselves maybe to let their emotions flow.

For example, artists may sketch some art that reflects their feelings while an author might begin to compose a book. Also, many people might write a letter to express their anger towards someone but instead of sending it, they would just throw it away. Another example is that many young girls may have a diary in which they write about some childish things just like Anne Frank. They can freely show their emotions without letting the thoughts and ideas of other people get in the way or interfere. Sometimes, I even just talk to my pets to tell them my feelings because I know they can't respond and point out flaws and make excuses.

2 comments:

  1. I think that your connection shows all the ways that peoples feelings are expressed. During the holocaust, Jews may have had similar ideas of expressing their feelings as by writing a letter but then destroying it as you said. I personally just think of the thing that makes me mad or happy and think of all the possible ways of eliminating the nuisance that is causing me trouble but never actually do anything. I just keep it to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It think thats exactly why this book is so popular. It is so honest, so full of raw, unfiltered emotion, it is different than almost any other book ever published. It's ironic that the reason the world loves the book so much is that is isn't supposed to read it.

    ReplyDelete