Monday, March 30, 2009

Morgan's Connection #2

Living in such close quarters as Anne is forced to do would be a very difficult thing to do. Sometimes, the relationships of all the residents of the Annex decline as tensions start to increase. Anne has realized that many of the other occupants of this secret hide-out think that she is very rude, annoying, childish, selfish, etc. During her sheer boredom, she realizes that she may have flaws, but many of the other inhabitants also do, too. When Anne thinks about how much she wants to change and be better for the living conditions she is forced into right now, she can’t help but think that her personality is not all that bad. As far as relationships come, Anne and her mother are not close at all because her mother is constantly harping on her for everything that Anne does wrong, causing strong anxiety between mother and daughter.

On this note, I can very much relate to Anne here. My mother and I always travel together for cheerleading competitions and it is just me and her for sometimes a week at a time. Unlike Anne, my mother and I are very close to each other, but to associate with her situation, we have more arguments than usual because of the living quarters. When my mom and I are put into a very enclosed space where we encounter a week straight of plain one on one time, things can get a little tense, which is what is happening with Anne and her mother, just to a very large extreme.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... I can identify with what you're saying. I, personally, am close to both my mother and father, and, though we have our occasional spats, I can't imagine me and either of my parents reaching the same degree of hatred Anne feels towards her mother.

    ReplyDelete